September 26, 2016 by Student 24/7 Blog
Management met with the CSRC this afternoon and have both agreed on the following way forward:
* Campus will be closed to students for recess from today, 26 September 2016 and classes will resume on Monday, 10 October 2016.
* Students in on-campus as well as off-campus residences will have 48 hours to vacate their rooms. Keys must be handed in by Wednesday, 28 September 2016 at 16:00 at the Residence Office or Student Supervisors.
* Academic staff members have committed themselves to help students catch up with the academic activities missed in the last week and a half. Lecturers will upload and communicate with students via eFundi. Students are also encouraged to do self-study and prepare themselves for when classes resume.
* All tests that could not be written in the past week and a half will be rescheduled and will take place after recess. Lecturers will communicate new dates with students via eFundi.
* CSRC will be visiting residences this evening to communicate the resolutions in more detail.
Management remains committed to the safety and security of all members of the campus community. Should you experience any intimidation, witness vandalism and/or any other activities that may threaten campus and student safety, please contact one of the following persons:
Kobus Potgieter – 082 665 4386, Burger Scholtz – 082 446 5383 or Pola Mmapulana – 082 320 2481