November 9, 2016 by Student 24/7 Blog
Time sure is rushing by! There are less than 20 days left for you to apply for NSFAS to fund your studies in 2017: Important news for those applicants who have been accepted, conditionally accepted or who finds themselves on the waiting list of any TVET College or University. This year, students must apply directly to NSFAS by using their online application facility. This facility can be found at www.nsfas.org.za/content/index.html.
The Vaal Triangle Campus of the North-West University (NWU Vaal) is putting in a lot of extra hours helping prospective students who need assistance when applying for NSFAS. Students in need of any assistance with this process are invited to contact any member of the NWU Vaal recruitment team:
Jabu Sithole – 016 910 3186; 084 041 0494 or email@example.com
Matome Kganakga – 016 910 3193; firstname.lastname@example.org
Naledi Hlabahlaba – 016 910 3238; email@example.com
Piet van Wyk – 016 910 3153; firstname.lastname@example.org
An appointment may be made for students to be assisted with the process. What should accompany your application? Students are reminded to bring along certified copies of the following documents:
(Remember, all the certified copies must not be older than 3 months. Your documents can be certified at the South African Police Service or the South African Post Office. If you are under the age of 18 or if you are 18 and older and are STILL DEPENDENT on the household income of your parent or legal guardian, then this also applies to you.)
- A certified copy of your Identity Document.
- A certified copy of the Identity Document of each household member including parents or legal guardian.
- A certified copy of your latest academic transcript or exam results. If you are currently in Grade 12, you do not need to submit this.
- A certified or official copy of recent payslip, letter of employment, not older than three months, for each parent, or the person who supports you, or your guardian or yourself if you are employed. This is for all types of employment or all forms of income for all members of the household. This includes any income received from SASSA grants, Unemployment Insurance Fund (UIF) or any retirement, life, disability or other benefits paid as a lump sun or in monthly payments.
- If your parents or the person who supports you or your legal guardian are retired, please provide a copy of an official pension slip or bank statement showing pension payment.
- If your parents or the person who supports you or your legal guardian works as an informal trader, please provide an affidavit signed by them to confirm this employment.
- If either of your parents is deceased, please provide a certified copy of the death certificate.
- If your parents are divorced, please provide a certified copy of the divorce decree.
- If either of your parents does not live at home, please provide an affidavit explaining the reasons.
- If you are supported by someone who is not your parent or legal guardian, please provide an affidavit explaining the reasons.
- A certified copy of a SASSA letter if any of your family members are receiving a social grant and are also contributing to your household income. This also applies to your legal guardian.
- If you have indicated that a dependent in your household is a student, please provide proof of registration or acceptance at the TVET College or university for each dependent.
- If you have a disability, please complete the relevant supporting documents (please see website for details) and submit them with your application form.
The recruitment team on the North-West University Vaal Triangle Campus (NWU Vaal) is ready and rearing to help any prospective students, whether they have been accepted, conditionally accepted or on the waiting list to get their applications ready for NSFAS for the 2017-academic year.