March 19, 2017 by Student 24/7 Blog
It was a night full of fun and jubilation in March with the Bohlale residence marking their introduction into pageant season at the North-West University’s campus in Vanderbijlpark (NWU Vaal).
Taking a page out of history, the students went with a vintage theme, that saw the yesteryear’s fashion trends meeting up with modern day swag. Lungile and Kananelo, who were the MC’s of the night, kept the crowd entertained and on the edge of the seats. Not only were the MC’s up to the task, but the performances also got the crowd on their feet with dance performances ranging from Marabi, Kofifi and Afrofusion.
The judging panel saw the likes of NWU Vaal all stars, Mphoentle Plaaitjie, Marilyn Ndlovu and Lawrence Marlow who had the difficult task of choosing the winners. It was definitely a trio who have the background know-how, as all have experience in the pageant scene as current and previous contestants and title holders, such as Lawrence Marlow, who is the reigning Mr NWU Vaal (for now…).
And the winners are
- Miss Bohlale: Palesa Keswa
- First Princess: Refiloe Mafubetshilla
- Second Princess: Mandy Mavuso
- Miss Personality: Judith Botha
- Mr Bohlale: Njabulo Vilakazi (crowned for the second year!)
- First Prince: Mduduzi Msiza
- Second Prince: Brian Madikwane
- Mr Personality: Lonathemba Mnikathi
Written by: Rodney Livhalani